Photo Credit: Jordan Rodericks
While you may not currently be able to enjoy Virginia’s oysters at a nearby restaurant, you can still host an oyster roast right in your own backyard by ordering a bushel or two to be shipped directly to your home! Whether you like the brinier bivalves raised along the Atlantic shores or the buttery, creamy taste of the Rappahannock River oysters, these Virginia oyster companies will bring your favorites to your front door, allowing you to feast on some of the Commonwealth’s most delectable seafood.
*If oysters are refrigerated immediately, they can stay fresh for up to ten days, so be sure to order 1-2 days before your planned event to ensure they arrive in time.
Online ordering & delivery. Shipments will be sent out Monday-Thursday each week. Sold in quantities of 25, 50, 75, & 100 oysters. Rappahannock Oyster Company oysters are also available through curbside pickup at Cardinal Point Winery on Saturdays 11am-5:30pm.
- Rappahannock River Oysters (Sweet)
- Rochambeau Oysters (Mild)
- Olde Salt Oysters (Briny)
Email to place an order, or call 804-357-1931. Pickup also available in Deltaville and Richmond during select days.
- Deltaville Oyster Company Oysters (Sweet and buttery with medium saltiness and a rich, clean finish)
Online ordering for pickup or delivery in Middlesex and Lancaster Counties only. Sold in quantities of 25, 50, 100, & 200 oysters.
- Parrot Island Oysters (Mildly salty, slightly sweet)
Overnight delivery available nationwide; also offer raw bar kits with hot sauce. Sold in quantities of 25, 50, 100, 150, & 200 oysters.
- White Stone Oysters (Slightly sweet/mild salt finish)
Online orders with overnight delivery Monday-Thursday. Sold in quantities of 25, 50, or 100 oysters.
- Chunus (Briny, slightly sweet finish)
- Watch House Points (Briny)
- Misty Points (Briny, slightly sweet finish)
- Chincoteague Salts (Very briny)
- Little Bitches (Medium salinity)
Email or call 804-815-7982 to place an order.
- York River Oysters (Moderately salty with a sweet finish)
Photo Credit: Brian Camp
Online ordering for quantities of 100+ oysters. Curbside pickup, shipped, or local delivery for Virginia Beach, Norfolk, & Virginia’s Eastern Shore.
- Loving Cups (Medium salinity, buttery finish)
Pickup and shipping available, express shipping to North Carolina, New York, & New Jersey. Sold in quantities of 50.
- Blackberry Oysters (Sweet with mid-range salinity)
- Peachtree Oysters (Clean, sweet profile with mid-range salinity)
- Rock Hole Oysters (Clean, sweet profile with mid-range salinity)
- Smith Point Oysters (High salinity)
- Wicomico Select Oysters (Meaty oyster with slight hint of saltiness)
- Wicomico’s Finest Oysters (Meaty oyster with slight hint of saltiness)
Available to purchase as part of the takeout menu at the Boathouse Restaurant locations in quantities of 25 oysters. Also deliver to Richmond and Chesterfield County on Thursdays; call or text 804-815-6132 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order.
- Chapel Creek Oyster (Mid-salinity oyster with a great balance of salt and buttery taste)
- Boathouse West Oysters (Light salt, distinguished cream with a defined minerality)
Pickup at Lancaster oyster farm or pop-up store locations in Virginia Beach and Northern Virginia on May 2; available to purchase by the dozen or by the 100-count.
- Roaster Oysters (Buttery with a hint of salt, approximately 4” oysters)
- Shucker Oysters(Buttery with a hint of salt, approximately 3” oysters)
Photo Credit: Ali Rae Haney
Purchase at Wegman’s grocery stores throughout Virginia. Can also order by filling out the online form for a quote or contacting Tim Hickey at 312-399-7999 to place an order.
- Tangiers (Balance of salt and sweet, with a savory butter/cream finish)
Orders available to ship; call 757-336-1945 to place an order.
- Chincoteague “Salt” Oysters (Very briny)
Pre-order pickup and delivery available to select Virginia regions, including Richmond, Williamsburg, Newport News, Hampton, and Virginia Beach, text 757-344-8554, order through the Facebook page, or email email@example.com to place your order. You can also find information on delivery locations and times on the Facebook page.
- Big Island Pearl Oysters (Balance of briny and buttery, leading to a sweet finish)
- Pocahontas Secret (Balance of briny and buttery, leading to a sweet finish)
- Powhatans Power (Balance of briny and buttery, leading to a sweet finish)
Shipping available of oysters, raw seafood buffet kits, shucker gift packs, and discounted bundles; bundled purchases cost less for shipping. Purchase by the dozen, or get discounted large bags of 50 and bulk orders of 100s up to 1,000 oysters.
- Eagle Flats (Buttery balance between savory and sweet)
Place orders by texting 757-406-0606, pickup or delivery available to select areas; shipping available throughout Virginia and to select states.
- Lynnhaven Selects (Very salty with a melon finish)
Call 757-693-1303 in advance to place an order; oysters will available for pickup at the packing facility.
- Shooting Point Salts (Briny, slightly sweet plump oysters)
- Bullseye Oysters (Balanced sweet flavor with a semi-firm, plump texture and clean finish)
- Arrowhead Petite Oysters (Smaller oyster, balance of briny and buttery)
- Church Creek Corks (Less briny, hint of seagrass in the finish)
Local pickup and delivery available to select parts of Northern Virginia; sold in 25, 50, 75, 100, and 125-count bags.
- Happy Oysters (Mildly briny with rich cream/butter flavors)
Ready to get shucking? Learn more about Virginia oysters and which wines to pair them with!